COVID-19 Protocols from Paragon Opthalmology
Paragon Ophthalmology takes the well-being of our patients, staff, and physicians seriously and we are committed to making our office environment as safe as possible. Our practice has instituted COVID-19 protocols to help protect our patients and staff as we address your eye care needs. We will continue to monitor the ever-changing situation with COVID-19 and will adjust our protocols as needed. Thank you for trusting us with your eye care.
These are the COVID-19 safety measures we have put in place:
- All patients, staff, and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 upon arrival for their appointment or shift, including taking their temperature.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times when inside our building. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you. Masks are to be worn completely over your mouth and nose.
- Except in certain circumstances, only the patient will be allowed in the building.
- We ask that patients not report to the office more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
- Appointments are being scheduled in a manner to support social distancing.
- The waiting rooms have been arranged to encourage social distancing.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at our front desk area.
- Exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each patient.
- Plexiglass breath shields have been installed on each slit lamp.
- Common areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling sick or have had any of the following symptoms in the past 14 days:
- fever greater than 100.4 degrees
- loss of taste or smell
- new or worsening shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- close contact with anyone with known COVID-19 or who is being monitored for COVID-19